The Catalyst team has a wealth of experience in real estate development, community based projects, social enterprises and socially progressive businesses. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals who are helping to build affordable rental housing in communities throughout BC, we want to hear from you. Please note we have no active openings at this time.
We are currently seeking an Operations Accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will be a methodical, detail-oriented accounting professional who takes satisfaction in creating and maintaining strong financial reports, has an unflappable demeanor, excellent strength of character, and a dedication to “getting it right”. The Operations Accountant will have primary day-to-day responsibility for the society and its property operations related accounting functions. Reporting to the Director, Accounting & Administration, and with the support of a part-time bookkeeper, your responsibilities would include:
- Society accounting and financial management including invoicing, AP, bank, Visa, and expense reconciliations, loan schedules, forecasting and budgeting, monthly GST filings.
- Prepare monthly reporting package, including comparative reports of GAAP operating results and financial position and variance explanations, and cash flows. Prepare quarterly reports to the Finance Committee, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with preparation of year-end reviewed financial statements. Ensure systems and methods are aligned with audit requirements.
- Correspond with CRA, our financial institutions, and external resources as needed.
- Review monthly property operations financials provided by 3rd party property managers and prepare property operations monthly reporting package incorporating owner adjustments.
- Document management.
- special projects as required.
- Extremely systems-oriented – enjoys creating replicable forms and methods. Able to maintain sight of the bigger picture whilst spending time in the details.
- Responsive and analytical by nature, with a strong aptitude for finance/numbers.
- Curious, with a solutions-oriented approach to problems and the ability to focus on the details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
- Thrives in an autonomous work environment and has the foresight to bring others in as needed.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a strong commitment to accuracy.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Work experience that demonstrates the above qualities and skills, with a minimum of four years’ directly relevant work experience in corporate accounting and residential and commercial property management. Corporate Accountant, Property Accountant or equivalent experience would be highly desirable.
- Familiarity with intercompany and cross-entity accounting and consolidations is an asset.
- CPA designation.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and QuickBooks (Desktop Pro version) skills.
If you think you’d be a good fit for us and for this role, please send your resume in pdf format to email@example.com with “Operations Accountant + Your Name” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you. This is a full-time position located in Vancouver, BC, primarily in a remote working environment. This posting will remain open until filled.
Property Operations Assistant
With four completed projects currently being managed by our property operations team (208 homes) and another three projects (319 homes) going into occupancy by the end of 2021, as a result we are seeking a Property Operations Assistant to join our team. The Property Operations Assistant implement strong operational and administrative procedures and systems. The ideal candidate will have a warm, personable demeanor and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
The Property Operations Assistant will report to the Director, Property Operations, and have the following responsibilities:
Administration & Financials:
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and record minutes for project meetings as required.
- Maintain a current and accurate records/filing system, including document management on the server; manage tenant waitlists.
- Schedule/coordinate meetings and appointments.
- Site visits throughout the Lower Mainland as well as in Victoria and Penticton.
- Assist with review of monthly financials.
- Prepare reports to various stakeholders as required (including funders, partners, Board and Committees).
- Creation and maintenance of tenant handbooks, addendums, and various trackers.
Partner and Tenant Relations:
- Respond to inquiries from potential tenants and current tenants.
- Liaise with external property managers and site people.
- Liaise with building partners/owners.
- Coordinate and implement Catalyst’s “Community Connections” program, which seeks to engage tenants and other stakeholders in building intentional community within Catalyst projects. The program involves a variety of activities, including events, “town hall” meetings, and tenant surveys.
- Update Catalyst website with project information as it relates to projects going into or in occupancy.
- In consultation with external consultants, coordinate lease-up marketing needs, including project naming, creation and installation of permanent site signage.
- Responsive and analytical by nature.
- Extremely curious, with a solutions-oriented approach to problems and the ability to focus on the details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
- Enjoys staying organized, developing and maintaining systems, being methodical.
- An excellent collaborator with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Work experience that demonstrates the above qualities and skills, with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the residential property management and administrative fields.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and Word.
- Able to use Mac computer and Gmail.
- Commercial experience will be considered an asset.
This job description may evolve and/or change over a period of time, and the successful candidate will be flexible and open to this.
Please send your resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Catalyst – Property Operations Assistant + Your Name” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
This is a full-time position located in Vancouver, BC, primarily in a remote working environment. This posting will remain open until filled.