The Catalyst team has a wealth of experience in real estate development, community based projects, social enterprises and socially progressive businesses. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals who are helping to build affordable rental housing in communities throughout BC, we want to hear from you. Unfortunately, we have no opportunities at this time.
Development Manager - Project Generation
We are currently seeking a Development Managerwho will work closely with the VP Project Generation to manage the generation of new affordable development projects from initiation through the project feasibility, business case, and preliminary planning phases.
This role would ideally suit someone with a strong background in managing real estate development feasibility work, a passion for building community through affordable rental housing projects, and the ability to work with a wide variety of project stakeholders. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, great problem-solving and time-management skills, an intrinsic sense of curiosity, a keen sense of humor, and the ability to embrace a diverse workload with a positive and results-oriented focus.
Reporting to the VP Project Generation, your responsibilities would include:
- Taking the lead in project management of development feasibility studies, RFPs, and business cases for potential projects with a range of possible partners.
- Arranging and attending meetings with prospective project partners to present the Catalyst development process and assess their organizational mission, vision, and priorities. Conducting preliminary meetings and building relationships with municipal staff, potential funders, and other project stakeholders.
- Hiring and overseeing the work of architects, consultants, contractors and other service providers through feasibility study and business case phase of project development.
- Working with the VP Project Generation in preparing and delivering presentations about Catalyst, our projects, and our development model.
- Presenting on behalf of the organization at partner meetings.
- Conducting general research and market analysis, maintaining a strong knowledge of the industry.
- Conducting feasibility analysis and business plans and preparing resulting reports to internal and external partners.
- Preparing input for and analyzing pro forma budgets in coordination with our Development Analyst.
- Preparing project accounting as required such as monthly invoicing and cash flow updates. Develop project schedules and manage timelines together with our partners.
- Managing the creation and negotiations of project agreements and legal contracts as necessary.
- Sourcing and applying for project financing (as required).
- Supporting communication plans for new projects and for the Project Generation team, including stakeholder registers and project communication plans during various project stages.
- Highly skilled at developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders. An excellent collaborator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong development/project management and quantitative/budgeting skills. Attentive to details.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and able to manage your time without a lot of supervision.
- Enjoys being part of a team and recognizes the importance of each member of the team and their roles.
- Degree/Diploma in management/business, real estate, planning, urban land economics, etc.
- Work experience that demonstrates the above qualities and skills, with a minimum of three years of direct experience. Experience working in non-profit real estate and/or housing would be ideal.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills. Comfortable in a mac environment.
If you think you’d be a good fit for us and for this role, please send your resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager + your name” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you. This is a full-time position located in Vancouver, BC. This posting will remain open until filled.