The Catalyst team has a wealth of experience in real estate development, community based projects, social enterprises and socially progressive businesses. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals who are helping to build affordable rental housing in communities throughout BC, we want to hear from you. Please note we have no active openings at this time.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will be a methodical, detail-oriented accounting professional who takes satisfaction in creating and maintaining strong financial reports, has an unflappable demeanor, excellent strength of character, and a dedication to “getting it right”. The Senior Accountant will have primary day-to-day responsibility for the society and its property operations related accounting functions.
Reporting to the Director, Accounting & Administration, and with the support of a part-time bookkeeper, your responsibilities would include:
- Society accounting and financial management including invoicing, AP, bank, Visa, and expense reconciliations, loan schedules, forecasting and budgeting, monthly GST filings.
- Prepare monthly reporting package, including comparative reports of GAAP operating results and financial position and variance explanations, and cash flows. Prepare quarterly reports to the Finance Committee, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with preparation of year-end reviewed financial statements. Ensure systems and methods are aligned with audit requirements.
- Correspond with CRA, our financial institutions, and external resources as needed.
- Review monthly property operations financials provided by 3rd party property managers and prepare property operations monthly reporting package incorporating owner adjustments.
- Document management.
- Special projects as required.
- Extremely systems-oriented – enjoys creating replicable forms and methods. Able to maintain sight of the bigger picture whilst spending time in the details.
- Responsive and analytical by nature, with a strong aptitude for finance/numbers.
- Curious, with a solutions-oriented approach to problems and the ability to focus on the details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
- Thrives in an autonomous work environment and has the foresight to bring others in as needed.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a strong commitment to accuracy.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Work experience that demonstrates the above qualities and skills, with a minimum of four years’ directly relevant work experience in not-for-profit accounting and residential and commercial property management. Not-for profit accounting, Property Accountant or equivalent experience would be highly desirable.
- Familiarity with intercompany and cross-entity accounting and consolidations is an asset.
- Adept with reviewing and responding to operating cash flow sensitivity
- CPA designation.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and QuickBooks (Desktop Pro version) skills.
If you think you’d be a good fit for us and for this role, please send your resume in pdf format to email@example.com with “Senior Accountant + Your Name” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you. This is a full-time position located in Vancouver, BC, primarily in a remote working environment. This posting will remain open until filled.