The Catalyst team has a wealth of experience in real estate development, community based projects, social enterprises and socially progressive businesses. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals who are helping to build affordable rental housing in communities throughout BC, we want to hear from you.
We are currently seeking a Project Accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will be a methodical, detail-oriented accounting professional who takes satisfaction in creating and maintaining strong financial reports, has an unflappable demeanor, excellent strength of character, and a dedication to “getting it right”. The Project Accountant will have primary day-to-day responsibility for all project-related accounting functions for up to eight development projects.
- All aspects of project accounting including invoicing, bank, loan schedules, monthly reports, cost controls, and GST filings.
- Prepare monthly reporting package for all Joint Venture projects, including comparative reports of GAAP operating results and financial position and variance explanations, as well as cash flows for multiple entities.
- Assist external accountants with preparation of year-end Notice to Reader financial statements. Ensure systems and methods are in consideration of a move towards fully audited statements.
- Correspond with CRA, our financial institutions, and external resources as needed.
- Prepare and review draw requests/funding.
- Special projects as required.
- Extremely systems-oriented – enjoys creating replicable forms and methods. Able to maintain sight of the bigger picture whilst spending time in the details.
- Responsive and analytical by nature, with a strong aptitude for finance/numbers.
- Extremely curious, with a solutions-oriented approach to problems and the ability to focus on the details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
- Thrives in an autonomous work environment and has the foresight to bring others in as needed.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a strong commitment to accuracy.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Work experience that demonstrates the above qualities and skills, with a minimum of four years’ directly relevant work experience in the real estate development/construction fields. Project Accountant or equivalent experience would be highly desirable.
- CPA designation a plus but not required.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and QuickBooks (Desktop Pro version) skills.
If you think you’d be a good fit for us and for this role, please send your resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Accountant + Your Name” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you. This is a full-time position located in Vancouver, BC. This posting will remain open until filled.