The Catalyst team has a wealth of experience in real estate development, community based projects, social enterprises and socially progressive businesses. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals who are helping to build affordable rental housing in communities throughout BC, we want to hear from you.
CFO (VP Operations)
Catalyst is currently seeking a CFO (VP Operations) to provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure Catalyst has the proper operational, administrative, and financial management procedures, processes, and systems in place to effectively meet all of Catalyst’s project delivery commitments, as well as to grow the organization and ensure its financial strength and operating efficiency.
With an understanding of both the not-for-profit and real estate development sectors, the ideal candidate will be a seasoned leader who can assess, optimize, and automate wherever possible all administrative facets of the organization into a “well-oiled machine” that allows other members of the organization to pursue their respective mandates in a more effective manner. We are seeking a kind and unflappable individual with an innovative approach, an appreciation for stable growth and thoughtful implementation, and a service-oriented management style.
- Oversees all aspects of financial management including but not limited to all aspects of reporting, compliance, controls, and best practices for the Society and its partners.
- Ensures the President, the Board, and the Finance Committee are provided meaningful financial information to optimize the utilization of financial assets, including long-term financial planning.
- Oversees all contract management, implementation, and reporting.
Leadership and Human Resources Management
- Designs, develops, refines, and implements ongoing organizational & operational effectiveness and reporting mechanisms for key stakeholders, e.g. Board, funders, and partners.
- Maintains and evaluates an HR framework that includes: instilling a staff development and “coaching” culture within Catalyst; training, development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance evaluation, and recruiting. Develops, implements, refines all related policies and policy manuals.
Strategic Leadership and Planning
- Develops, maintains, and evaluates an appropriate Risk Management framework that supports both Catalyst’s programs and long-term strategic direction.
- Develops and implements a strategic roadmap for the Society’s internal operations that allows for sustainable growth and ongoing commitment to our mission and values.
- Liaises with the others on the senior management team to ensure alignment across the organization to drive common goals and outcomes; partners with leadership, special committees, and consultants to support execution of key initiatives.
Information Technology & Information Management
- Maintains and evaluates the organizational IT and information management framework.
- Regularly reviews and analyzes the current technology infrastructure and scopes out the next level of IT systems to support the organization’s growth.
Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Demonstrated ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment. Develops new insights into situations – questions conventional approaches and encourages new ideas and innovations when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build both organizational and staff capacity, developing a strong team and processes to ensure the organization runs smoothly.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and HR and a breadth of experience in the areas of strategic development, planning, and implementation of systems, processes, and policies.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a minimum of ten years’ experience in real estate development and/or not for profit structures and familiarity with best practices in each specifically as it relates to accounting and internal operations. A CPA designation or equivalent would be preferred but is not required.
Please reply to email@example.com