The Catalyst team has a wealth of experience in real estate development, community based projects, social enterprises and socially progressive businesses. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals who are helping to build affordable rental housing in communities throughout BC, we want to hear from you.
We are currently seeking a Development Manager to join our team. This role fits within Catalyst’s Project Delivery group which is responsible for moving projects that have completed the feasibility stage through design, municipal approvals and construction.
Reporting directly to the VP Development and working closely with other Catalyst team members, you would be responsible for multiple projects and ensuring that strategic and organizational objectives are met. You will contribute to the ongoing evolution of Catalyst’s procedures, processes, and methods and will be encouraged to pursue other endeavors that contribute to Catalyst’s on-going delivery of its core mission.
Your job would include:
- Building and maintaining relationships with project partners, funders and stakeholders.
- Hiring and managing consultants, contractors and other service providers through design, municipal and other regulatory approvals and construction.
- Working with municipal staff on subdivisions, OCP amendments, rezonings, development and building permit applications and approvals.
- Project management related to monitoring and controlling development projects, budget-tracking, invoice review and approval, schedule development and maintenance, quality assurance, and project closeout.
- Hard working, energetic and thrives in a busy atmosphere.
- Enjoys learning and developing new skills.
- Smart, strong analytical skills, curious, and learns quickly.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and able to work well independently and without a lot of supervision.
- Ability to persevere through challenges.
- Enjoys the details, getting things right and staying organized.
- Enjoys being part of a team and recognizes the importance of each team member.
- Has a keen interest in affordable housing and thoughtful community development.
- Degree/Diploma in management/business, real estate, planning, design, engineering, or similar.
- Work experience that demonstrates an ability to thrive in this position.
If you would be a good fit for us and for this role, please send your resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Catalyst Development Manager + your name” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.